New Coverity Scan Results for RTEMS Available

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Sep 12 15:43:48 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 10:38 AM 李MY <lmy2010lmy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> I have experiences on verifying reports produced by static analysis tools.
> I would like to help this.

Awesome! Please request access.

Looking at the current issues, I think a fair number are in code we merged
from upstream projects
so a first step will be looking to see if the code has changed since it was
grabbed. But I see the
JFFF2 potential leak is still there even though Sebastian recently updated
that code.

I didn't notice any in what I consider "core code". So that's good.

And as an side-issue, we are planning Google Code-In tasks to file an RTEMS
ticket for
each Coverity Issue.

+ Student task description:
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GCI/Coding/CoverityIssues

+ Example ticket: https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3514

I have scripts to run Coverity on RTEMS but need to push them since I
updated them recently.

--joel