New Coverity Scan Results for RTEMS Available

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Sep 26 13:42:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 7:04 AM Sebastian Huber <

> On 26/09/2018 14:02, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> > void rtems_task_delete_self() RTEMS_NORETURN;
>
> Alternative would be
>
> void rtems_task_exit(void) RTEMS_NORETURN;

I don't want to change APIs to make any static analysis tool happy. I used
Grammatech CodeSonar on RTEMS a few years ago and if we made it
happy, we would be very unhappy.

The best solution would be to figure out the Coverity modeling and
annotation.
Then we could teach it our memory allocators, internal locks, etc..  I have
a model
uploaded in our configuration but I admit to not having any confidence in
making
Scan do anything with it. I found this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42197018/how-do-i-use-coverity-modelling-to-mark-a-method-as-non-returning

But that looks to modify the source. I don't want to do more than simple
annotation.
I don't want hacks like that in the real source.

I have an attempt at a model here (
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-testing/tree/coverity)
and have uploaded it.