Which Python version for new tool code?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Aug 2 17:43:08 UTC 2019

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 11:28 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
>> As best I can tell, no official repository includes Python 3. There are
>> un-official addon repos
>> with Python 3.
>>
>> The users who are using RHEL 7 are unlikely to allow those repos to be used.
>
> Puh, this is a bit unexpected. So at least everything related to the build system must be Python 2.7 compatible.
>
> Doorstop requires Python 3.5:

I’m not sure there are many developers on RHEL7 without access to a Python 3 that can be used as part of RTEMS developer tools.   I definitely agree there are many who can’t use Python 3 for anything that ships to run on RHEL7, but for development Red Hat licensees can use the Red Hat Software Collections and someone like me can use EPEL.  Both have 3.5 and 3.6 available.  I don’t use “software collections” but I did a quick google.

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.