GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 08:12:39 UTC 2019

> > In the console output at someplace, I am getting this type of output:
> >
> > THREAD_ID:a01001e
> > THREAD_NAME:737769363a207461
> > THREAD_NAME:736b2071756575
> >
> > Does this mean that the same thread_id have two thread_name? If so then
> > only one thread_name can be stored in
> > char thread_names[3][65536][THREAD_NAME_SIZE];
>
> No, it means that the thread name is longer than 8 bytes (on a 32-bit
> target, it would be 4 bytes), see the loop here:
>

> https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libtrace/record/record-userext.c#n54
>
> To get the thread name back from the integers into a char array, you
> have to reverse what this loop did.

Have made changes:
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/a6701361eab030698464bab67d63a880d503c90e

Have a look.

The following line will give the same thread_name. There is no need to
reverse. I checked the output. The values are the same.
snprintf( item_name_str, sizeof( item_name_str ), "%08"PRIx64, item->data
);

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,