RTEMS 5 gcc-fb371a33fa6 vs gcc-9.2.0

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 14 22:43:11 UTC 2019

On 14/8/19 5:38 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 14/08/2019 09:25, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> Is there something that documents the changes we need to make?
>>
>> No, you have to compare the multilib configurations in GCC 7 and 9.

I was after something that says change `xxx` to `yyy`. I am happy to do the
change, I do not have the time to figure which options are which.

> Are you looking for information for users of ARM BSPs which have to update their
> hard-coded compiler options? No, we have to provide this information somewhere.

No, users who hard code options into their applications will have to update. We
do not have a way to convey this detail at this point in time, may be a section
in the user manual. My long term wish is to provide a stable interface to RTEMS
that provides these flags.