Checksum Error on Leon3 Qemu patches

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.se
Sun Aug 18 22:33:38 UTC 2019

On 8/18/19 10:30 PM, Jiri Gaisler wrote:

> On 8/17/19 8:23 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 17, 2019, 1:07 PM Jiri Gaisler <jiri at gaisler.se <mailto:jiri at gaisler.se>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 8/16/19 11:03 PM, Juan Rafael García Blanco wrote:
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     AFAIK, the last qemu major version includes support for leon3. But I dont't know if that work was based on these patches.
>>
>>     Indeed. Qemu git head now includes leon3 plug&play and should be able to run RTEMS images unpatched. Is there a reason why the qemu version built by RSB is from June 2015 ..?
>>

>> Sadly no one has updated it. Beyond Leon, Zynq and PC, what should be tested?
>>
>> Riscv status in head?
>>
>> Beagle?
>>
>> Any other bsps we use with Qemu?
>>
>> I'd love to see it updated. It's a pain to test across all the hosts and get working.
>

> Unfortunately, qemu HEAD cannot execute RTEMS leon3 images unpatched. The startup code needs a (simple) tweak, and the implementation of the plug&play is not quite correct. An RTEMS binary fails to detect the interrupt controller and subsequently terminates. I have spent a few hours on it but the bug is rather elusive and

OK, the problem was that qemu did not implement byte access to the plug&play. With the attached patch, most tests for leon3 run:

Passed:        506
Failed:          4
User Input:      6
Expected Fail:   0
Indeterminate:   0
Benchmark:       3
Timeout:         9
Invalid:         2
Wrong Version:   0
Wrong Build:     0
Wrong Tools:     0
Total:         530
Average test time: 0:00:00.539755
Testing time     : 0:04:46.070129

Maybe we can add it to RSB as qemu4.1, which was released this week. It could make it easier to test other targets ...?

Jiri.