Zynq

mbenson at windhoverlabs.com mbenson at windhoverlabs.com
Mon Dec 2 14:23:07 UTC 2019

I attended RTEMS training a couple weeks ago. I got RTEMS running on the Snickerdoodle (https://krtkl.com/snickerdoodle/).  The WiFi device has pretty much no documentation appropriate for writing a BSP or drivers.  The manufacturer just supplies Linux driver source code and proprietary non-Linux driver source code. So I’m going to pass on any further work on it.

I got RTEMS running on the Aerotenna Ocpoc Mini (https://aerotenna.com/shop/ocpoc-zynq-mini/) which we are current flying on a drone with our autopilot on Linux.  I’m going to stick with this until we complete our own Zynq Ultrascale+ avionics board, and port our autopilot to RTEMS.

Quick question.  Is it possible to run RTEMS on one core (or set of cores), and Linux on the other core (or set of cores)?  Xilinx posted a recipe for how to run multiple asymmetrical operating systems, but nothing specific to RTEMS.  Just checking.

Mathew Benson