How can I check if a function exists in waf?

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:06:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 12:13, Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> how can I check if a function exists in waf (similar to AC_CHECK_FUNC)?
> Currently, we get this output from the RTEMS tools waf configure (please
> note the "Invalid argument 'function_name' in test"):
>
> Hi,

The support for 'function_name' has been removed since waf 2 as it
was broken ( see
https://gitlab.com/ita1024/waf/blob/master/waflib/Tools/c_config.py#L420)

I guess the best option is to just use 'header_name' or to use the
'fragment' parameter to write a fragment that calls the desired function.