Requirements Format

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Feb 26 14:44:59 UTC 2019

Hi

I have mentioned this before but reading ticket 3703, you obviously
didn't remember it. ReqIF is an OMG standard for representing
requirements in XML format. It was designed to facilitate requirements
exchange between partnering organizations.

https://www.omg.org/spec/ReqIF/About-ReqIF/

It appears to be supported by all the major requirement tools including
DOORS and LDRA's toolset. Importantly, it is supported by the Eclipse
Requirements Management Framework (RMF) and the ProR tool

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirements_Modeling_Framework
https://www.eclipse.org/rmf/
https://www.eclipse.org/rmf/pror/

This is a solved problem. We should not define our own XML format.
One exists and there is a set of open source tools we can use to work
with requirements.

--joel