Conversion of BSP config files to pkg-config files

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Feb 27 22:07:44 UTC 2019

On 25/2/19 6:57 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> In an attempt to read all the files, I wrote a parser to try to put them
> all in one place.

Great.

> I'm attaching the parser, the generated data and the list of files that
> could not be parsed because they use `defines`.

Yes this is where things get difficult.

> Is this data any helpful?

It is interesting. If a complete set can be captured we can move all the common
options into a single place.

> Is this the right way forward?

I suspect it is or we run the risk of not seeing something if this is done by
manually.

On the issue of the defines:

1. Are the defines needed or could be these changed into something else and
removed? I think this requires inspecting each one and deciding.

2 Does running `gmake -p` after a successful build of the BSP provide you with
the missing details?