Libdl support for library searching and load and large memory support.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Feb 5 07:36:44 UTC 2019

On 5/2/19 5:27 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> On 05/02/2019 02:42, chrisj at rtems.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The patch series adds:
>>
>> - Archive or library searching for unresolved symbols loading the first object
>> file
>>    that provdes the symbol.
>>
>> - Large memory support for architectures that use small relative branch
>>    instructions.
>>
>> - Libdl small data support for the PowerPC.
>
> this looks like a huge chunk of tedious work. You are probably the only one who
> is able to review this patch set ;-)

Yeah I understand. :)

Reviewing what you can is appreciated. The code is here if it helps ..

https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems.git/tree/cpukit/libdl?h=libdl-epics-support

Could you please check the PowerPC trampoline code ...

 https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems.git/tree/cpukit/libdl/rtl-mdreloc-powerpc.c?h=libdl-epics-support#n169

Plus the other pieces of asm above I have added.

Thanks