Building Ada for RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jan 22 22:04:26 UTC 2019

Hi

I put this on hold for the Christmas holidays and wanted to post what
worked and didn't for me. This is on Centos 7 building C, C++ and Ada to
target sparc-rtems5 using the RSB master.

I tried various gcc versions with Ada support. I ensured which gcc I was
using by putting it at the front of my PATH and doing "gcc --version"
before I started the RSB build.

+ RSB build fails with base gcc from CentOS. It is gcc 4.8.5
+ RSB build fails with gcc from git master.
+ RSB build fails with gcc 8.2.0
+ RSB build succeeds with gcc 7.4.0

Notice that the build succeeds when using a native version that matches the
version being built cross. This is in keeping with long-standing advice.

--joel