Clone RTEMS Repositories via HTTPS?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 28 11:12:04 UTC 2019

Hello,

I rework currently the quick start chapter. I used the Github mirrors to
clone the repositories:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-January/024580.html

It is not unusual that the Git protocol is blocked by company firewalls.
The git.rtems.org site offers no HTTPS Git clones in contrast to the
Github mirrors at github.com/RTEMS. A quick start chapter should not
burden the user with useless questions, e.g.

Does your company block the Git protocol? If no, then clone from
git.rtems.org, otherwise clone from github.com.

This could raise also more questions on the user side, e.g. what is the
difference between these sources? Why does it matter?

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de