AW: Clone RTEMS Repositories via HTTPS?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jan 28 11:35:31 UTC 2019

Hello Jan,

thanks for the observation. I expected to get some information that it
is doing something, e.g. on Github I get:

git clone https://github.com/RTEMS/rtems-libbsd
Cloning into 'rtems-libbsd'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 708, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (708/708), done.
Receiving objects:   9% (3111/34566), 2.34 MiB | 1.15 MiB/s

 From git.rtems.org I get only this output:

git clone https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd
Cloning into 'rtems-libbsd'...

Thus I assumed, that this request was somehow blocked and would result
in a timeout in a while. With the Git protocol I get:

git clone git://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd.git
Cloning into 'rtems-libbsd'...
remote: Counting objects: 34566, done.
Receiving objects:  17% (5877/34566), 604.00 KiB | 539.00 KiB/s