RTEMS Executive vs. Kernel

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jan 29 16:05:44 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019, 9:02 AM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 4:49 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>
>> On 26/1/19 11:22 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> >

>> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2019, 5:15 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
>> > <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:
>> >
>> >     On 26/1/19 9:43 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> >     > We have a full shelf of old reports. A few would be good to have
>> >     > mirrored at ftp.rtems.org <http://ftp.rtems.org> <
>> http://ftp.rtems.org> if
>> >     DTIC has them.
>> >
>> >     Sebastian and I have been discussing using ..
>> >
>> >      https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/contrib/docs
>> >
>> >     for these type of documents. We have some others need to find a
>> home for. Would
>> >     that suite you?
>> >

>> > Sure. Do we start with the rteid and orkid docs already on the server?
>>
>> Great.

I am going to retract my thinking on contrib as the name. Something more
indicative of it being a collection of documents, papers etc.

>> > What organization?
>>
>> This is open for discussion. It would be nice to separate the groups at
>> the top
>> level for example:
>>
>>  arm/..
>>  powerpc/..
>>  rtems/..
>>  standards/...
>>

> it makes sense to me. I'm sure I have some esoteric sparc manuals lying
> around, myself....

I have a similar directory locally. I have architecture and boards at the
top level. Also have standards.

Below RTEMS we will need some organization for old Army stuff, papers, etc.