Zynq Runtime Socket Buffer Allocation Memory Reporting Question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jan 30 06:31:31 UTC 2019

Hello Avinash,

On 30/01/2019 02:08, Misra, Avinash wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question in regards to changing the size of the socket
> buffers on the Zynq. It would appear that I can’t use the method
> described in Ch 4.3 of the Networking pdf since I don’t have the
> Ethernet driver and attach functions defined in the BSP.

the networking guide is for the legacy network stack. The libbsd has
some documentation here:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/tree/libbsd.txt

The network buffers are managed by UMA which uses a page allocator. The
memory area managed by the page allocator is determined during library
initialization. You can use the "vmstat -z" and "netstat -m" shell
commands to figure out something about the memory usage of libbsd.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de