BBB Framebuffer : Need Ideas.

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 19:13:20 UTC 2019

Hello all,

First the status :
* The fbd has been ported and it's attaching with the fb0 devie. There's
   an fb0 device entry created.
* In the following commit I have added mmap to libbsd. This works like a
wrapper to the mmap in cpukit :
https://github.com/thelunatic/rtems-libbsd/commit/a8fc3b2b6840465029a000cc4169e9efbd551097

Blocker :
* After the fb0 is created and mmap is added, I don't see anything on
  the screen. From the FreeBSD, it seemed like the VT driver is needed
and that is responsible for turning on the screen. So I have ported a
minimal version of the VT with only the initialization and allocate parts:
https://github.com/thelunatic/rtems-libbsd/commit/95279e116717973525b581ae2e9550d1d3b8e1ba

But even after porting the VT driver which initializes well ( As the
message during booting says). I don't see anything on the screen.
I need some ideas on what is missing or how to debug this.

The app I'm using to test framebuffer is pushed here :
https://github.com/thelunatic/rtems-bbb/tree/master/apps/fb-sample

Any idea regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay