GSoC 2019 | POSIX Compliance - RSB patch generated ndbm library (lib_a-ndbm.o) successfully in RTEMS Toolchain

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Jul 11 13:17:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:12 AM Vaibhav Gupta <vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> After Joel pointed out in an offlist discussion,
> I made a new patch for ndbm port.
> .
> To send the changes to Newlib, i had to place `ndbm.h` , `ndbm.c` in their
> respective places and make  changes in Makefile.am.
> Before, I applied same patch to RSB hence ndbm library was not generated.
> .

In my local build yesterday, I saw the symbols in the installed libc.a. I
have not run the tests.

> .
> This time I also added files generated by `autoreconf -fvi` in the patch.
> .
> This patch is 10MB in size hence cannot be send in raw format on mailing
> list.

The person committing is supposed to do the autoreconf and commit that.

No one has answered if it is OK to commit. That was the last message in the
thread.

> .
> This patch worked with RSB and ndbm library (lib_a-ndbm.o) was generated
> successfully in RTEMS Toolchain.

I'm hoping we can avoid this by pushing the patch to newlib, then bumping
the hash for
newlib in the RSB, then adding your ndbm test patch to RTEMS.

--joel