GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jul 15 06:01:48 UTC 2019

On 15/07/2019 07:46, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> *Plan of the week:*
> Last week packet.header part from both client-side and metadata was
> completed. I will continue to work on adding packet.context etc.
>
> I got the response from lltng about stream_instance_id.
> https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-July/029093.html

Ok, did you double check that the stream_instance_id is equal to the
cpu_id in an example LTTNG file?

> I have made changes accordingly.
> https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/4e9b6825687242ca60da50d3f6feed08714440a2
>
> I have moved the generation of binary stream files directly to
> ./misc/record/ctf/. See above commit.

Why have you changed this? The tool should output the files in the
current directory. Please change it back to the original version.

> Blocker:
>
> The packet.context is needed at the starting of the binary file(just
> after packet.header). The packet.context has timestamp_end which can be
> obtained after processing last record item but print_item() is already
> writing the record_item in the binary file. The same case is with
> packet_size and content_size. These two values can be obtained after
> processing the last record item in the file but we need at the starting
> of a binary file.
>
> We need packet.context just after packet.header in the binary file. So
> as of now, I have just added cpu_id in packet.context on both
> client-side and metadata.
>
> https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/95be3ec1787a48c6ff9cf6c078f83a9f6e4b9f1f
>
> https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/96a2f658e2bd36e21dd3f304ac10e2c6fe345a17
>
> It has no warnings.
>
> I have one approach for it. We can try the buffer approach for it. Just
> write the file packet.header and packet.context in a new binary file and
> append the old file content in a new file.

Please have a look at the fseek() function:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/fseek.3.html

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de