Requirement Identifiers

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Jul 30 15:52:05 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 11:57 PM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 30/07/2019 00:25, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> >> We have to be careful to do what makes them presentable to humans.
> >>
> > It would seem wise to make the hierarchy of requirements follow the
> > same organization as the hierarchy of the Manual documentation.
>
> Yes, and the source code organization. We have also the score,
> architectures support (score/cpu), BSPs and drivers.

At the same time, we might consider consolidating 'short tags' for
first-line of commit messages. We have some (in)formal guidelines, but
providing some limited number of formal categories to distinguish
commit messages in line with the requirements categorization may be
helpful.