GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 07:24:35 UTC 2019

> https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/f7838f156006064ffc53b1b1d3fb01f80ef15ae4
>
> No, sorry, this is not what we need. Maybe you should delete this code
> part and start from scratch.
>
> We process record events and produce LTTNG events. Is this clear?
>
> Your task is:
>
> 1. Gather the information from two record events
> (RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT and RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN) with
> the same timestamp on the same CPU.

A CPU can have many records events. Since RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN is
received after RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT we can just directly write
into corresponding CPU file after receiving RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN
for the same timestamp.

2. Once you gathered the information of two events that meet this
> criteria, you produce exactly one LTTNG sched_switch event.

 Okay. So this particular lttng sched_switch will have prev_* value
as RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_OUT data and next_* value
as RTEMS_RECORD_THREAD_SWITCH_IN.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,