How important is Cygwin support for host tools?

Cudmore, Alan P. (GSFC-5820) alan.p.cudmore at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 3 18:40:11 UTC 2019

I don’t know anyone that currently uses Cygwin for RTEMS development. The projects I am aware of use Linux and Linux virtual machines. At home I have been able to build RTEMS toolchains and build RTEMS using WSL, so I would use WSL before picking up Cygwin again. WSL 2.0 is supposed to improve speed and compatibility by using a real Linux kernel.

Alan