PlantUML and rtems-docs

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jun 11 09:11:31 UTC 2019

On 11/06/2019 10:27, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 11/06/2019 10:21, Chris Johns wrote:
>> On 11/6/19 5:04 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> I noticed also that we don't use the sphinxcontrib-plantuml extension:
>>>
>>> https://pypi.org/project/sphinxcontrib-plantuml/
>>>
>>> Should we use it? It would enable the use of images in *.pdf format
>>> for the
>>> Latex output. The PNGs are quite ugly in the Latex output.
>> Sure, it looks good. Does it support ditaa?
>
> I had some problems to set it up. It didn't work with the Node.js "puml"
> command. I had to use the Java archive. I didn't test the ditaa input so
> far.

Using this extension forces you to install PlantUML and its dependencies
to build the documentation. Also debugging problems in the PlantUML
content is not that great.

Maybe we should concentrate on fixing the *.puml -> *.png generation so
that it is not always updated and doesn't depend on timestamps. We
should also generate *.pdf files for the Latex output.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de