GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:34:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

Here is the work summary of 13th and 14th June.

*13th June:*
1. I sent a patch for RTEMS trace generation example and made a push on
GitHub forked repository also.
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-docs/commit/68e2239548dac48f533572152a5c8033ff2122b6
2. I set up the babeltrace 2.0 master branch as it has the decoder(source
plugin) examples shared by babeltrace community.
https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace

These are the links they shared with me:
[1]
http://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git;a=tree;f=plugins/text/dmesg;h=a45918aaf266dac29db6f7a0e4d08ffdb056131a
[2]
http://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git;a=tree;f=plugins/ctf/fs-sink;h=b96b435706cac0ed50cb64918603172b67afc424

As babeltrace 2.0 master branch is under progress. They have not updated
their documentation. I was not able to run the examples. I raised a query
asking how I can use the examples? I haven't received a reply yet.

*14th June:*
I tried to write TSDL description by following https://diamon.org/ctf/.
Here is the patch I sent
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-June/026166.html
I explored the examples/blogs shared by Sebastian.
https://lttng.org/blog/2014/11/25/tracing-bare-metal-systems/

I explored the metadata file of Trace Compass examples
https://github.com/tuxology/tracevizlab
This metadata is quite similar to metadata I wrote
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-June/026166.html

*Plan for the week:*
I will improve the metadata I wrote.
https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-June/026166.html
I will explore bartectf tracing example
https://github.com/efficios/epiphany-examples/tree/barectf-tracing/apps/barectf-tracing
This example is similar to the objective of this GSoC project. The targets
generates CTF data and send it back to the host.

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,