GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 06:37:15 UTC 2019

> >     It seems the metadata files are somehow packetized. They contain
> plain
> >     text mixed in with binary data.
> >
> >     Could you please investigate which file format is used for the
> metadata
> >     files (e.g. ask on a lttng mailing list)?
> >
> > I raised a query on lltng for the same. The community is very active.
> > This is what they said:
> > https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-June/029056.html
> >
> > Please have a look
>
> Did the answers help you to understand how the metadata is generated?

I didn't understand much. [1] [2] [3] are the same the thing I was
following to write the metadata file.

I had a look at [4] and [5] code. It appears to me that metadata is
generated is directly from the code.

[1] https://diamon.org/ctf/#spec7
[2] https://diamon.org/ctf/#spec7.4
[3] https://diamon.org/ctf/#specC
[4]
https://github.com/efficios/barectf/blob/a3ebf5855c025a86ebc2d62cbda1338461e84c5a/barectf/tsdl182gen.py
[5]
https://github.com/lttng/lttng-tools/blob/c8e0c5f5d94fb574f4e5d7518f0f8e6f984dfe3d/src/bin/lttng-sessiond/ust-metadata.c

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,