Update newlib/libc/search directory

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Jun 18 17:27:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 1:22 AM Vaibhav Gupta <vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
> Yesterday I was trying to update     newlib/libc/search     directory.
> .
>
> - Updating    hash.h    will create need to update following files:
> 	- hash_page.c :        now requires libc_private.h
> 	- hash_bigkey.c
> 	- hash_buf.c
> 	- hash.c :         requires namespace.h, un-namespace.h present in posix, hence modify Makefile.am

FWIW namespace*.h is from BSD although it may only be used in newlib/posix.

> 	- hash_fun.c
> 	- hcreate_r.c :  now requires hsearch.h/hsearch_r.c (elix 2)
> 	- hcreate.c
> 	- hash_log2.c
>
> And    newlib/libc/include/search.h       was ported from NetBSD and not from FreeBSD, so there
>
> is change in data structures, which are giving compilation errors.

What if you start with replacing search.h with the FreeBSD one rather than
modifying
the one that's there?  Any existing files that are impacted can then either
be fixed or
updated with the current FreeBSD implementation.

It is generally better to stick close to original and traceable sources
than to start
modifying.

Sorry for being slow/offline. Between teaching an RTEMS class, some travel,
and being sick, I am barely answering email.

--joel