BBB Framebuffer driver : Project status

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 20:09:38 UTC 2019

Hello all,

The current status of the project is that I could port the tda drivers
successfully but there are some bugs in the RTEMS bbb-i2c.c driver
in beagle BSP, as a result of which, the I2C-adaptation driver cannot
be used. Currently Christian is working on the bugs in the RTEMS
driver.
To test the tda work, I have used the ti_i2c driver from the FreeBSD
and successfully built the lcd and tda drivers. The driver was tested
on a real hardware with a monitor by Christian and the EDID read was
successful with the ti_i2c dirver . But there was the missing
fdb(frame buffer device) driver that is causing it to fail.
The Blocker currently is that there is some issue with the fbd porting and
I have posted the non-working patch for review on what to do about it
ref: https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-June/026214.html

After it comes to a working state and the fbd is connected properly,
the next step will be to make a sample app to write something to the
/dev/fb0 device.

Thanks,
Vijay