GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 14:52:11 UTC 2019

> >     For whatever reason this file has only 98304 bytes. The
> >     content looks
> >      >     all right. So, the next step is to modify the client so that
> >     it can
> >      >     read
> >      >     from a file instead of the TCP stream.
> >      >
> >      > I am trying to write code to read from the original raw record
> item.
> >
> >     I am not sure why you want to do this. On which task are you
> currently
> >     working?
> >
> > I am working on the 2nd task to modify the record-client program to read
> > from a file if a --input=<FILE> command line option is given.
>
> Could you please check in the part which adds the new option and the
> code which opens the file.
>

> > client_item record;
> > while(fread(&record, sizeof(record), 1, input_file))
> >          printf ("CPU=%d\n",record.cpu);
> >
> > Here input_file is a file provided through the command.
>
> The TCP stream you saved with nc from the target consists of struct
> rtems_record_item_32. In the code above you read struct client_item
> items. This cannot be right. When you don't know which content a file
> has, please ask.

typedef struct {
  uint32_t event;
  uint32_t data;
} rtems_record_item_32;

Okay. Raw file contents have this structure. It means raw file will only
contain event and data in binary format. How should I get it's
corresponding ns and cpu values.

> You have to change this code here:
>
>    while ( true ) {
>      int buf[ 8192 ];
>      ssize_t n;
>
>      n = recv( fd, buf, sizeof( buf ), 0 );
>      if ( n >= 0 ) {
>        rtems_record_client_run( &ctx, buf, (size_t) n );
>      } else {
>        break;
>      }
>    }
>
> First you should refactor the code and move the TCP relates stuff into
> separate functions.

The command line should like this right?
./build/misc/rtems-record --input=<file> | head

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,