Problem building RTEMS - readline/undefined reference to tputs

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Jun 5 22:19:33 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 4:04 PM John Graham <johngavingraham at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> > Did you install the packages listed here:
> >
> > https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/hosts/posix.html#xubuntu
> >
> > sudo apt-get build-dep gcc-defaults g++ gdb git unzip pax bison \
> >         flex libpython-dev git libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev
>
> It can't find build-dep or gcc-defaults - any idea if this is because
> I'm on 19.04 or if the package name isn't quite right?

The package names do sometimes change. I recall updating this area myself
based on user feedback. But I don't think that's the issue this time.

My understanding is that build-dep is a subcommand for apt-get so "apt-get
build-dep PACKAGE" fetches the build dependencies for PACKAGE.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&keywords=gcc-defaults&searchon=sourcenames
shows gcc-defaults as a source package. Maybe you need to enable the source
repositories.

I'm primarily a Centos user but periodically try to make sure the Ubuntu
instructions are working.

--joel