GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Jun 24 06:36:14 UTC 2019

On 24/06/2019 08:24, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> *Plan of the week:*
> Last I was able to store the event stream in the disk. Now, I plan to
> convert the native stream into CTF format. Once the conversion is done
> then I will make the metadata for the converted CTF format.

The metadata is an essential part of CTF, so you cannot to this after a
conversion. The metadata must describe your event stream. Please read
the CTF specification again:

https://diamon.org/ctf/

All what you need to know about the metadata is described in this
specification in detail. You should be able to write the metadata for an
event stream consisting of struct ctf_event items until this Wednesday
so that babeltrace can read it.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de