GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:18:10 UTC 2019

> > Okay. Raw file contents have this structure. It means raw file will only
> > contain event and data in binary format. How should I get it's
> > corresponding ns and cpu values.
>
> 1. Instead of the socket() and connect() you open the file descriptor with
> open().
>
> 2. Instead of using recv() to read from the file descriptor you use
> read().  See below.

Wow!!. The file descriptor is a very nice concept. I learned about it
during my 3rd year of graduation but I never thought I would ever apply it
:)

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/input-output-system-calls-c-create-open-close-read-write/

The 2nd task is complete. Have made a push on my GitHub rtems-tools
workplace
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/362a6fc94886f298d207021ce5f2dad48783c0da

Have a look

I tried the command on my machine it's working fine with the raw data
created today. The babeltrace is able to print all values.

I used "./build/misc/rtems-record --input raw_data | head" command
generating ctf events from raw data

Thanks

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,