GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:12:13 UTC 2019

> As I said a couple of time before. Please fix the compiler warnings:
>
> ../misc/record/record-main.c:57:23: warning: character constant too long
> for its type
>     { "input", 1, NULL, 'input' },
>                         ^~~~~~~
> ../misc/record/record-main.c: In function ‘main’:
> ../misc/record/record-main.c:308:12: warning: character constant too
> long for its type
>         case 'input':
>              ^~~~~~~
>
> I am a bit surprised that this code compiles at all.
>
> There is a bug (from me) in the while loop.
>
>       ssize_t n;
>
>       n = ( input_file_flag ) ? read(fd, buf, 10) : recv( fd, buf,
> sizeof( buf ), 0 );
> -    if ( n >= 0 ) {
> +    if ( n > 0 ) {
>         rtems_record_client_run( &ctx, buf, (size_t) n );
>       } else {
>         break;

Okay. Made some changes
https://github.com/rmeena840/rtems-tools/commit/e454fec2ba42cc51bc85a53af2990645be162d77

> Could you please give me permission to push to your repository. I would
> like to add a record item stream from a QorIQ T4240.

Did you get the invite? My GitHub handle is rmeena840.

> lttng seems to create one event stream file per processor. This is your
> next task.
>
> 1. Open a event stream file for each processor.

The stream file which has ctf event element?

> 2. Write the events of a processor (CPU) to the corresponding file.

Sorry, I didn't get this task?

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,