GSoC 2019 Query

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Mar 5 09:40:13 UTC 2019

Hello Ravindra Kumar Meena,

thanks for your interest in the Basic Support for Trace Compass
(https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3696) project. I would like to mentor it
this year. If you are interested in this project, then please tell me a
bit more about your programming experience and skills, what you study at
the university, how long you plan to study, when you plan to get started
with a job, why you have enough time to participate in the GSoC project,
etc. Please note that GSoC is considered a full time activity:

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq

"How much time does GSoC participation take?

You are expected to spend around 30+ hours a week working on your
project during the 3 month coding period. If you already have an
internship, another summer job, or plan to be gone on vacation for more
than a week during that time, GSoC is not the right program for you this
year."

I expect a hard working student. If you don't have enough time for GSoC,
then please don't consider this project, otherwise you may not pass my
evaluation.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de