Query Regarding Old Projects, for GSoC 2019

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Mar 10 19:28:56 UTC 2019

On 6/3/19 10:23 pm, Amaan Cheval wrote:
> I'm not sure if the project is open, but if it is, I'd be willing to co-mentor.

Thanks.

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019, 2:45 PM Vaibhav Gupta <vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com
> <mailto:vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I was exploring for more open projects and found the following one.
>
>     - Port V8 Javascript Engine :
>     https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/V8
>
>     Not much information is given about it and even the above link was modified
>     in 2015. I want to know if the project is open for GSOC 2019?
>     If it is open, then It would be great to know if someone would like to
>     mentor it. I would like to discuss further on it.

I suggest you create a ticket for this project like the other GSoC tickets we
have and add some additional details ..

- Please list the archs supported, this is viewable in the src tree.
- Add something about needing Chromium's depot_tools. I see FreeBSD is not
  listed but chromium is available on FreeBSD.
- Investigate the build system and if it is possible to cross-compile.