Beagleboard BSP Framebuffer

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:35:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 15:27, Christian Mauderer <
christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Am 12.03.19 um 10:52 schrieb Vijay Kumar Banerjee:
> >

> > On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 19:21, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org
> > <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org
> >     <mailto:joel at rtems.org>> wrote:
> >
> >         The MINIX license is BSD with advertising clause as I read it.
> >         That is less preferable to a 2-paragraph BSD license that you
> >         are likely to find in Freebase. Try there.
> >
> >     The license is fine if you find nothing else. I assume Joel meant
> >     FreeBSD.
> >
> >     Study the framebuffers in i386 and raspberrypi code bases.
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for the reference, I found the tda19988 driver in freebsd source.
> > Following the raspberrypi framebuffer, I have made a header file with
> the
> > basic functions to implement. The implementation will be using the
> > driver code from the freebsd.
> >
> > What needs to be figured out next is how to use the driver code with
> rtems,
> > since the file uses a lot of header files from the freebsd source, how
> do we
> > go about integrating it with rtems? Is there any guide on using codes
> from
> > different projects into RTEMS?
> >

> Hello Vijay,
>
> for FreeBSD we have the libbsd as an easy way to integrate sources and
> keep them up to date. Although I don't think that we have a framebuffer
> driver there yet I would expect that it is a good method for that too.
>
> Best regards
>
> Christian
>
> Hi

I cloned the rtems-libbsd and the framer driver is not there. I wonder if
adding
this drivers to libbsd is itself a meaty task. Do we need a ticket for this
?

Also, the driver uses i2c bus driver from FreeBSD source, I see that the
i2c driver
is nicely supported in the rtems beagle bsp, how to use the i2c module in
the bsp,
with the hdmi framer driver in libbsd ? (I'm a bit confused here :) )