GSoC requirements and suggested projects

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Mar 12 14:37:46 UTC 2019

Hello Federica,

Welcome! We have a wide variety of projects that cover a range of
programming skills and languages but mostly involves either assembly, C, or
Python, and some other projects may use other languages. It seems you have
the basic skills needed to try to undertake most of the projects. Have a
look through https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/OpenProjects and see if
anything catches your particular interest. I think there are still a few
projects that may be added to the list, so keep checking back or ask
around. (I think Chris Johns has a project idea related to developing some
open-source complex application that he will describe in next few days as
"Application Suite" project.)

The first step for any student who wants to work with us is to complete the
"hello world" project. Email your proof to me and to joel at rtems.org. Then,
depending on your choice of project you will propose, we may also set some
other tasks for you to complete afterward.

Gedare