libbsd: Add openssl tool

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Mar 27 19:40:43 UTC 2019

On 27/3/19 9:11 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added a port of the openssl tool together with a test for `openssl
> speed` (benchmark) and `openssl req` (generating server certificates).
>
> Unfortunately the openssl tool is quite big so that I can't send the
> patches to the mailing list. You can find them on a bin-openssl branch here:
>
>   https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/log/?h=bin-openssl
>
> The two patches are
>
>   Import:
> https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/commit/?h=bin-openssl&id=0fecf49362778d77da97e19cf9cbb639c64e1735
>
>   Port:
> https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/commit/?h=bin-openssl&id=d1dac7891cd3234c935ce7e4d742b6f87663a5e1
>
> If everything is OK,

Very nice and thank you. The change looks great.

I see OpenSSL 3.0.0 and later has an Apache V2 license so I assume the code is
covered by this license. I could not see a LICENSES file in the top of our
source tree that lists the licenses. Should we have one with the licenses
contained in the libbsd package?

> I'll commit the patches and backport them to the
> 5-freebsd-12 branch.

What is this branch? I could not find anything in the top level CONTRIBUTING.md
doc. Is it documented?