Query GSoC 2019 | Improve Coverity scan integration #3712

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 7 14:28:28 UTC 2019

Hi Ravindra Kumar Meena,

I'm interested in seeing this project idea develop into a proposal and
hopefully it can be a useful project. I would first encourage you to
complete some small activities like the Google Code-In tasks related to
Coverity: https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GCI/Coding/CoverityIssues

This should help you to get familiar with the interface and some of the
workflow. You may also consider trying to write some code that fixes a
Coverity Issue, and see how to "close the loop" on the scan reports. Then
you will get to know the current workflow for how we deal with Coverity.

The GSoC project should focus on how to develop software tools to improve
our workflow and integration of Coverity SCAN in our community. I would
like to also see these tools as being potentially generalizeable to other
communities, albeit with tailoring to their own individual way of working
(e.g., GitHub-based projects, mailing list projects, etc.)

Gedare