Query GSoC 2019 | Improve Coverity scan integration #3712

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Mar 8 15:04:56 UTC 2019

We also had some offlist emails.

Ravindra.. did you get a consistent view? Can you provide a follow up on
what we all suggested?

I want to make sure we gave you a common view of the problem space and
possible things to
do this summer.

I will repeat that I mentioned taking a broad view of static analysis
including other tools
like SonarQube (https://www.sonarqube.org/). And that some of the issues
are not
solvable -- Coverity has a limit on the number of runs a day and requires a
login to
view the reports. Perhaps an organizational daily run which is scheduled to
always
be first from Coverity's viewpoint and a way to export reports from Scan
and then
import them to Trac would improve things.

Overall, there is room for creativity and improvement in our support and
process of
using these tools.

--joel

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 12:47 AM Sebastian Huber <