GSoC small projects

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed Mar 20 15:00:36 UTC 2019

Hello Omar Shafik,

Thank you for your interest in RTEMS and GSoC. The addition of
examples to documentation does not satisfy the GSoC program
requirements established by Google. The outcome of a GSoC should be
(working) code, while examples are often just snippets that do not
function totally. That said, there is quite a bit of interest in
having a better suite of applications that demonstrate the
capabilities of RTEMS. What we have in examples-v2.git is a good
start, but overly simplistic with respect to what people want to do
with embedded systems these days. We would like to see a new repo or
additions to the examples-v2 repo that demonstrates how to build from
scratch an incrementally more complex application, eventually
culminating in something that demonstrates a wide range of RTEMS
capability, including the use of libbsd networking stack.

We don't currently have this project documented. Please follow-up with
questions you have, and ask Chris Johns or Joel Sherrill if they are
interested as potential mentors for such a project.

Gedare