Sub-Tickets selected for POSIX Compilance GSoc Project

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Mar 21 12:39:48 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019, 2:43 AM Vaibhav Gupta <vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> After series of discussions and exploring things, I got Idea about various
> things in this project.
> I have got Interested in following sub-tickets:
> -- #2970 - Add ftw.h to Newlib : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2970
> -- #2971 - Add fenv.h to Newlib : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2971
> -- #2972 - Add ndbm.h support : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2972
> -- #3639 - Add fmtmsg.h to Newlib : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3639
> -- #3650 - Add sys/ipc.h to Newlib : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3650

This should be low priority.

-- #2973 - Enable getdate() in Newlib : https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2973
> -- #2974 - Enable search.h functionality in Newlib :
> https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2974
> -- Requrement from FACE GPP :
>
>    - -- math functions:
>    - fpclassify()
>       - isfinite()
>       - isgreater()
>       - isgreaterequal()
>       - isless()
>       - islessequal()
>       - islessgreater()
>       - isnormal()
>       - isunordered()
>       - nexttowardf()
>       - signbit()

This is fenv.h and IMO is higher priority for architectures where you are
porting existing implementations.

>    - -- pselect() from <sys/select.h>
>    - -- sockatmark() from <sys/socket.h>
>
> Sebastian.. are these not in the new tcpip stack?

And agree with Sebastian on the *at methods.

>    - -- confstr() from <unistd.h>
>

>    - -- spawn function:
>    - posix_spawn()
>       - posix_spawn_file_actions_addclose()
>       - posix_spawn_file_actions_adddup2()
>       - posix_spawn_file_actions_addopen()
>       - posix_spawn_file_actions_destroy()
>       - posix_spawn_file_actions_init()
>       - posix_spawnattr_destroy()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getflags()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getpgroup()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getschedparam()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getschedpolicy()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getsigdefault()
>       - posix_spawnattr_getsigmask()
>       - posix_spawnattr_init()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setflags()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setpgroup()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setschedparam()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setschedpolicy()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setsigdefault()
>       - posix_spawnattr_setsigmask()
>       - posix_spawnp(
>
> Spawn is a safer alternative to fork and exec. This requires multi-process
support and thus these are not implementable on RTEMS.

If there is an existing ticket, it needs to state this.