libbsd: Add openssl tool

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Mar 28 06:05:42 UTC 2019

Am 27.03.19 um 20:40 schrieb Chris Johns:
> On 27/3/19 9:11 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've added a port of the openssl tool together with a test for `openssl
>> speed` (benchmark) and `openssl req` (generating server certificates).
>>
>> Unfortunately the openssl tool is quite big so that I can't send the
>> patches to the mailing list. You can find them on a bin-openssl branch here:
>>
>>   https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/log/?h=bin-openssl
>>
>> The two patches are
>>
>>   Import:
>> https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/commit/?h=bin-openssl&id=0fecf49362778d77da97e19cf9cbb639c64e1735
>>
>>   Port:
>> https://git.rtems.org/christianm/rtems-libbsd.git/commit/?h=bin-openssl&id=d1dac7891cd3234c935ce7e4d742b6f87663a5e1
>>
>> If everything is OK,
>
> Very nice and thank you. The change looks great.

Thanks. I committed them.

> I see OpenSSL 3.0.0 and later has an Apache V2 license so I assume the code is
> covered by this license. I could not see a LICENSES file in the top of our
> source tree that lists the licenses. Should we have one with the licenses
> contained in the libbsd package?

FreeBSD has a number of LICENSE files scattered about the source tree.
How about a plain text importer where we can just pick up LICENSE files
and import them together with the code?

>> I'll commit the patches and backport them to the
>> 5-freebsd-12 branch.
>
> What is this branch? I could not find anything in the top level CONTRIBUTING.md
> doc. Is it documented?

Sebastian will write something about that.

> Chris

embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer
Dornierstr. 4