Instructions to send a Patch

Aditya Upadhyay aadit0402 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:18:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:52 AM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 8:23 PM Vaibhav Gupta <vaibhavgupta40 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> See Instructions here about regenerating the configuration files in newlib.
> >> https://sourceware.org/newlib/README
> >> Newlib uses a specific version of autoconf. You can use `autoreconf
> >> -fvi` command to regenerate that
> >> Makefile.in file.
> >
> > Okay

> >> If you specify any header file inclusion in Makefile.am, then you will
> >> need to add the things manually
> >> and when you will run autoreconf command, this .in file will get updated.
> >>
> > I guess I will need to modify configure.in file. If I am not wrong that is responsible for what autoreconf is doing.
>
> You shouldn't be manually modifying any *.in files.

Basically, After adding any files, We just need to make some entries
in these two files: configure.ac and Makefile.am files.
autoheader, autoconf and automake are the tools used when you execute
autoreconf command. It generate config.h.in, Makefile. in and that
configure script and When you execute configure script, you get
config.h and Makefile.
Take a look at page no 26 of this file.
https://elinux.org/images/4/43/Petazzoni.pdf