How can I use the covoar tool?

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:40:26 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 17, 2019, 4:50 PM Sebastian Huber <

> On 17/05/2019 10:49, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> > covoar -S
> >
> /home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rtems/testing/coverage/leon3-sis-symbols.ini
>
> > -O coverage
> >
> -E/home/lunatic/development/rtems/rtems-tools/tester/rtems/testing/coverage/Explanations.txt
>
> > -p RTEMS-5 sparc-rtems5/c/leon3/testsuites/sptests/spversion01.exe -v
> > -fTSIM
> >
> > ====
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_initialize_executive (0x0 - 0x4b)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_shutdown_executive (0x0 - 0x13)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_fatal_error_occurred (0x0 - 0x13)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_get_version_string (0x0 - 0xb)
> > Created unified coverage map for _IO_Initialize_all_drivers (0x0 - 0x4b)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_io_initialize (0x0 - 0x5b)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_version (0x0 - 0xb)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_version_major (0x0 - 0x7)
> > Created unified coverage map for rtems_version_minor (0x0 - 0x7)
> > error: ExecutableInfo::findCoverageMap: rtems_version_revision
> > ====
> >
> > So there's something in rtems_version_revision() in spversion01/
> > that's making it unhappy.
>
> Is there some high level description available what the covoar tool
> does? For example its inputs and outputs and the course data flow of the
> program?

There is no proper documentation for covoar. :/
This wiki page is a collection of all the documentation we have for
coverage analysis. For covoar, it only details out the command and the
options, no details about it's program flow.

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GCI/Documentation/CoverageAnalysis/Coverage#RunningcovoarTogeneratecoveragereports