Renaming examples-v2 to rtems-examples.

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed May 22 13:21:43 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 7:24 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The examples-v2 repo's name should be rtems-examples. I would like to make
> this
> change. It will require a local repo edit of the URL to point to the new
> name.
>
> Comments?

We've talked about this for years on and off. On reflection, it is a bad
name
that reflects its origins. I would really like us to have a unified vision.

Historically, for 4.9 and older, we had examples, class-examples, and
network-demos.

I merged examples and class-examples plus chucked in some programs I
emailed folks and we ended up with 4.10 and newer having the cleverly named
examples-v2 and network-demos (for legacy stack).  rtems-libbsd has a set
of
tests and examples.

The v2 sounds like it is a release not a generation. There won't be a v3.

I would like to see the non-network examples end up in a repo/package
named rtems-examples as you suggest.

I would also like to see something happen with the networking examples
so we ave a more unified view of them across the two stacks. But I don't
know what to do there.

So I am a yes.

--joel