GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 18:24:01 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 7:51 PM Sebastian Huber <

> On 26/05/2019 13:49, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> > Hi Sebastian, Gedare
> >
> > On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:11 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu
> > <mailto:gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu>> wrote:
> >

> >     On Fri, May 24, 2019, 8:32 AM Ravindra Kumar Meena
> >     <rmeena840 at gmail.com <mailto:rmeena840 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >             >Please clone the repository and look at it a bit more
> closely.
> >

> >         >Which repository? I have already cloned the rtems-libbsd.
> >
> >     >Get to understand how to use babeltrace. Try some small examples.
> >
> >  I tried tracing example given here
> > https://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-tracing-your-own-user-application.
> > This example generates the CTF data. I have attached all the files in
> > case if you want to try them out. After that, I used babeltrace to
> > read the CTF data and print it in text format. I have also attached
> > the output("babeltrace CTF.png") of the command line.
> >
> > I used "babeltrace ~/lttng-traces/my-user-space-session*" command line
> > to read the CTF data.
>
> >This is good, since you can use the same method to check the CTF data
> you generate from an RTEMS record item stream.

Yes. I was trying the lttng-live command just in the hope that I could get
the trace data stream. Then I used the babeltrace command to connect to the
target. It got connected to the target but no data stream were received in
output.

The following babeltrace command were used:
*1. To connect to target.*
babeltrace --input-format=lttng-live net://localhost/host/
169.254.106.131/my-session

*2. To retrieve the trace data.*
babeltrace --input-format=lttng-live net://localhost

I have attached the output for your reference.

> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09

*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)
<https://www.iitism.ac.in/>, Dhanbad