New Build System Status

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Nov 15 15:05:04 UTC 2019

Hello,

I nearly finished the conversion script for the BSPs. I can now
configure 194 BSP variants with the default BSP option values. Some BSPs
need modifications by hand, e.g. linker command files and special boot
files. There are now about 2000 YAML files. It needs about 11 seconds to
build the pickle cache from the YAML files:

$ time ./waf bsp_list | wc
     194     194    3238

real    0m11.324s
user    0m11.222s
sys     0m0.075s

Afterwards it is much faster:

$ time ./waf bsp_list | wc
     194     194    3238

real    0m0.691s
user    0m0.622s
sys     0m0.043s

time ./waf bsp_defaults | wc
   16794   84819  566576

real    0m1.127s
user    0m1.064s
sys     0m0.049s

I had no time to work on the user documentation. I will be very busy
with other things in the next two or three weeks.

I made some experiments with the clang compiler and it works in
principle. You can configure the compiler per BSP, e.g. you can build
the same BSP with gcc and clang in one configuration file. For example:

[sparc/erc32_gcc]
COMPILER = gcc
INHERIT = erc32

[sparc/erc32_clang]