Ada test sp19

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Nov 27 15:11:27 UTC 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 9:04 AM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> I can build most Ada tests. One exception is sp19. This nice test uses
> m4 to generate a source file from
>
> testsuites/ada/sptests/sp19/sptest.adp
>
> via this make rule
>
> .adp.adb:
>         pwd=`pwd` && cd $(srcdir) && $(M4) < $*.adp > $${pwd}/$*.adb
>
> Do we really need this procedure or can I simply check in the generated
> file? It is a bit big:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 sebastian_h domain users   90739 Nov 27 15:41 sptest.adb

You can check in the generated file. It is a battle not worth fighting
right now.

Can you leave the unpreprocessed source and instructions?

I assume it is possible to use gnatprep now which didn't exist when
that test was written. But that is not a standard Ada language feature
like the preprocessor in C/C++. This one is gnat specific AFAIK.

--joel