RFC: Building RTEMS/RISC-V with LLVM/Clang

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Oct 24 11:24:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

I work currently on a new build system based on waf and Doorstop. It
would be good to have the clang support at the top level of the build
system. Doing this for the current build system is probably a waste of
time. In general, I am fine with your changes.

It would be great if you could try to figure out how this works with
waf. Please let me know if you have time for this.

You can find a prototype implementation of the new build system here:

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/commit/?h=build

I do forced pushes to this branch.

You can test it with:

git clone git://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git
cd rtems
git checkout --track origin/build
./waf bsp_defaults --rtems-bsps=riscv > bsps.ini
./waf configure
./waf

Adding the clang support could be done with a command line option, see
function options() in wscript. Depending on the option, clang instead of
gcc must be found in configure().

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de