How to add a dependency on start.o to the test executables in waf?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 25 05:38:53 UTC 2019

On 25/10/2019 07:33, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> The start.o is a start file and not a normal object. It is added either
>>> through the GCC specs or the linker command file STARTUP() directive.
>>
>> The dependency tracking for start.o is a nice to have feature. The current build
>> system also lacks support for it.
>
> Then I would leave a comment and move on. Getting it perfect first time leaves
> us with nothing to do ;) ;)

Yes, this sounds like a good approach.

I will work on the following features next week:

* Add configure check to get the size of a type. My attempt to add
standard checks to waf was not really successful:

https://gitlab.com/ita1024/waf/merge_requests/2261

So, this must be added to the wscript.

* Add ability to install files.

* Add attributes to validate integer options read from the *.ini files,
e.g. min, max, power-of-two, custom validator in Python code, etc.

Before I start with the boring work to convert all tests and BSPs, I
would like to get the UID name support integrated in Doorstop:

https://github.com/doorstop-dev/doorstop/issues/349
https://github.com/doorstop-dev/doorstop/pull/428

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de